Friday, May 15, 2009

Back up dude!

So the other day my husband and I got into it a little. Here's what happen... this is my first blog. Yes I'm a rookie at blogging for now. My husband is in the IT field...anyone picked up on where this is going... I do value his opinion, so I ask him and a few other friends to check out my updates. I ask my husband mainly to get a man's point of view. So when he got to see it, I was excited to hear what he had to say. So there I go...
Did you read it... well? His reply was "no comment".

Without even thinking my walls went up. He picked up on it and tried to fix it by explaining what he really thought of the blog. But it was too late, everything he said sound like a criticism. We mutually decided to end the conversation until we thought it thru. Later that night we spoke about it and I was able to admit that I became defensive the moment he said the words "no comment". He explained that he used the wrong choice of words. He really just needed more time to think about what his reply was going to be, because he didn't want to say the wrong thing and offend me.

So I'm telling you this little story because many of the things I mentioned in my other posting were at work here. Even though he ended up doing what he hoped to avoid, we were able to fix the problem thru communication and mutual agreement. I also mentioned in another posting that most times men are not malicious unless provoked and most of them are not very good at communicating. So, do you think maybe it time you start talking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin